Skip to main content

Poem-When you are happy and you know...


We all are blessed to have been born in this beautiful world, with so much to admire. We often take natural beauty for granted, and instead begin lamenting about the various problems we face in our lives. One thing is for certain, our problems are more or less self-created. No one really imposes these problems upon us. We must not have a parochial outlook towards life. Life teaches us lessons every moment. Let us learn, and carve a niche for ourselves in this magnificent world...
Here is a poem which describes the beauty of nature. It also emphasizes the importance of having gratitude towards the Almighty for giving us so much to cherish...

The birds chirp on in the valley
As I write this piece
I am really finding it difficult to tally
The beauty of nature and the problems of my niece( not literally!😊)

                          There are problems aplenty in my life
                          But, they become minimal when I hear the breeze blow by
                          All the talk about war and civil strife
                          Is blown away by the wind; which makes me feel high

When I hear the sparrows chirping
And the nightingale casting forth its melody
I simply feel like closing my eyes, instead of jumping
To try and remove all my apathy

                         When I hear the sound of gushing water
                         I am reminded of my younger days,
                         When people did not bother to swagger
                         But lived in their simple, yet lovely ways

When I see the clear skies
And when all of a sudden clouds descend
I am reminiscent of the fact that I had brought pies
To keep me away from hunger, and not to unnecessarily wend

                    All in all; the feeling is amazing
                    I want to thank nature for giving me so much joy
                    As I get ready to overcome the challenges which I will be facing
                    I have immense gratitude for nature, which has made me a good boy.

Comments

  1. A very nice poem. Really highlights the simplicity of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Shri Narayan Rajamani: selflessness personified

There are occasions in life that compel us to pause and reflect on the very meaning of existing as sentient beings in this world. Death is a phenomenon that unsettles even the most spiritually-inclined person. When someone with whom there exists a deep, layered bond suddenly departs for the heavenly abode, it invariably leaves one disoriented. The passing away of my maternal grandfather Shri Narayan Rajamani on the 13th of January 2023 placed me in such a situation. Ever since I was informed about his demise, I have been saturated with thoughts- ranging from the numerous interactions I had with him to the lessons that I constantly derived from his art of living. I desperately have been wanting to write a tribute for my grandpa, but even before I started, I realised that grandpa’s life cannot easily be captured in an article or two. According to Smt. Vijaya Pushkarna, former Deputy Chief of Bureau for The Week magazine and closely associated with Shri Rajamani, my grandfather's lif...

What do our modern schools teach- discipline or slavery

If you ask any school for its objectives and aims, one can ensure that discipline will be one of the key objectives of any school. 'Discipline'. This is word which has received several connotations over the past few generations. You have various forms of discipline like 'self-discipline', 'sports discipline', 'behavioural discipline', and of course academic discipline. We don't need to go too far to understand this. Here is the Oxford Dictionary meaning of discipline- The training of people to obey rules or a code of behaviour. This definition summarises what is being currently taught in modern schools, moreso in India. Children are being treated like slaves. "Walk in a line", "Cut your hair", "Walk with your hands at the back", are few common phrases associated with discipline in schools.  I being a child myself find it irritating at times. Sometimes, I feel like a slave obeying a master's comm...

THE THREE Ls OF LIFE

Once, there was a man called Ram Prakash. He was taking an early morning walk in his lavish garden. He found that there were many flowers blossoming, and felt really happy when he saw how colourful and lively the garden had become. But, he also discovered something else. Something that caught his attention. There were many bees hovering around, and they were taking their turns to sip the nectar from the flowers. He stood there and just admired the cooperation displayed by the bees.  That got him thinking. He reflected upon his life, and thought about all those moments when we had quarreled with his wife over trivial matters like- who will get milk from the market, or who will help their child with studies. He looked at those bees once again, and saw how beautifully they were taking turns to sip at the nectar. Even though he could not look at their facial expression, their mere cooperation itself displayed empathy towards the fellow bees. He learnt a lot from that ...